Friday, April 17, 2009

Le scaphandre et le papillon

At the risk of sounding like a complete toss, i am having an awesome time reading 'Le Scaphandre et Le Papillon' (original french version of the Diving Bell & the Butterfly). I understand about 50% of it (being generous) but i was given the book by someone really lovely & thoughtful so decided to take it on. If you haven't seen the film adaptation yet, i'm afraid there is absolutely no alternative than for you to head down to your local Blockbuster (check out the cross promotion) and rent it before you live another second of your (yet-to-be-fulfilled) life. It is probably the most beautiful film i've seen...but i have commitment issues in using the term 'favourite'.


I also find myself in Newcastle this week...the few days have gone too quickly and have been characterised by cramming in as many lost friends/relations as possible and enjoying delicious free food, oh yeah.

I went to see my grandparents today, and although we aren't really all that close and tend to steer clear of any cutesy 'family bonding time', we ended up flicking through old albums of theirs in the spooky old haunted room at the front of their terrace. I love old photos... they are really interesting and also a little sad. I've been asking Grandma for ages if i could see some photos of her when she was young, mostly to check out if i really am 'so much like her' which is what i'm always told. Glad to report that i see zero resemblance, at least in the face department. Body, yes, which pains me as she is now festively plump...

I found some pretty awesome photos at home too - check out mum (on the left) pre-trauma of ranga childbirth. What a babe! Although i'm glad the mullet remained in the 80s.

Here are my parents looking exceptionally goofy and me being the ugliest baby in the world.

And the origins of my daschund obsession...

Well, everything's peachy, wish to transplant all groovy Newcastle peeps to Sydney where we could live out our days sunbaking at Coogee and eating low-calorie snacks (hey, gotta keep trim). Off now to mooch and contemplate going to centrelink to give them more information that they already have...bastardos.

Bisous x

3 comments:

  1. So this isnt me trying to make you jealous but is in fact what must be a mad coincidence:
    I am babysitting a dachshund puppy this weekend by myself. Yeah, thats happening.
    Of course it means I'll get little to none of my assignments done but OMG PUPPY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE YOU SO MUCH BURN IN HELL GIVE ME MY PUPPEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.


    ION: soz, don't really mean it. but i am maaaaad jelz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude, your mums legs make me want to chop mine off.

    it's that simple

    ReplyDelete