Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Anticipation > Event.

Yoooooo so i'm feeling pretty exhausted after a full day of consumerism...funnily enough i expected my life would be somehow magically transformed after today, with new clothes and such. But isn't it always the way that you build something up so much and then you end up kinda underwhelmed? I seriously dedicated about 90% of my time last week to daydreaming, listmaking and prioritising all the pretty things i was going to spend my Rudd monies on....

So last night i ordered a bunch of new skincare shizzle online (awesome novelty in purchasing with Mastercard Debit...someone will probably fraud my ass) and now i am eagerly awaiting it's arrival! Obviously i expect it to make me into Scarlett-esque beauty with flawless skin and all the rest. Possibly an overly high expectation. Results pending...

Anyhoo, this morning was the official free-for-all spending climax, beginning at 9am with my phone call to the Animal Welfare League to donate fiddy bucks (it is so outrageous that animal shelters recieve NO government funding and rely solely on charity...) so that was a nice start to the day. Then got a phone call from this lady who works in market research (apparently i had signed myself up on some kind of internet-gimmick-money-making bender) and she wants me to go to an interview about sports water on Friday...random, but worth $50. So obviously i will lend my time to the shady researches and pretend i consume loads of vitamin water, which i don't, cos it's a complete rip off and packed full of sugar. They don't need to know this.

Then proceeded to the mother of all Westfield's to give something back to the economy, however quickly realised that due to lack of practice, my shopping skillz have reached an all time low. I'm talking, can't find clothes i like, everything looks terrible... all those unfortunate things that happen to people who aren't me. Shopping confidence has gone out the window...even though my wardrobe needs updating like Gillard's hairstyle. In short, i bought one top that is pretty uninspired, and spent money instead on running gear, perfume (GREEN APPLE - DKNY. FUCK YESS!) and make-up...things that really don't answer the daily question of 'what do i have to wear?'.

To sum up this melancholy narrative...money did not buy me happiness, but it has made me smell fantastic!

4 comments:

  1. GOD FUCKING DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!! I WAS GOING TO BUY GREEN APPLE WITH MY RUDD MONIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCKIDY FUCK FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

    Still going to though. We can smell green together.

    Dude... can't believe you have your Rudd Money already... I dont!!

    JEALOUS

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA the word verification for that comment was 'presher'


    mutha fucka gunna drop the presher

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUSS GREEN APPLE! TIS AMAZEH. SO EXPENSIVE! BUT I AM NOW CRISP AND GREEN!
    HAH. PRESHER!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love me some crisp smelling girls.

    Loving the revamped layout, very avant garde.

    SEE I CAN USE FRENCH TOO!

    ReplyDelete